Oct. 19 – 23, 2015 :
- PreVideo shown during Advisory explaining Red Ribbon Week and all activities associated with the event (i.e. items to wear during the week, activities occurring during advisory and during lunch)
- Posters/Banners/Flyers displayed around campus to remind students of the upcoming event and additional activities beginning on
- Advertisement on “Deer” TV throughout the next two weeks
Wed, Oct. 28 –ADVISORY:
Show Video: “Dress Up” days
Show Video : “Drugs: It’s Your Choice”
Red Ribbon Token – Pencils/Don’t Text and Drive thumb rings
Oct. 27, 28, 29 – Counselors Connection ( in Cafeteria)
Tues, Wed., Thurs., Oct. 27,28, 29
Educational Display Stations/Activities at Lunch (T,W,Th) :
Students encouraged to view and participate in displays and talk with counselors to obtain information on several topics to include:
STATION 1: Drug Quiz Questions Station– Students answer “pull” questions from a Q & A box at display tables, attempt to answer question , and counselor reveals the correct answer for a “prize” (pencils, bracelets, etc.)
Pamphlets on Bath Salts and Fake Cocaine available – Marijuana Awareness Display – Lowdown on Drugs Poster Series, Prescription and Synthetic Drug Large Display Posters.
STATION 2: Tobacco/Smoking Station. Students view the effects both tobacco products and smoking have on the human body. Mr. Dip Lip display , BioQuest Inflatable Lungs Display, Healthy vs. Smoker’s Lung Display.
Pamphlets on Tobacco/Smoking available.
STATION 3: “Drunk” Vision Goggles Station – students wear goggles and participate in a “race” with another student to “feel” how their vision, ability to balance/navigate, motor skills and perceptions are definitely affected by alcohol (can also be used to simulate how texting can also affect driving/motor skills). Students receive a prize for participating.
Pamphlets available on Underage Drinking are available. Students receive a prize for participating.
SIGN PLEDGE BANNER: (T,W,Th)
Dress Up Schedule:
Oct. 26, 2015 : Monday: Put A Stop To Drugs:
- Everyone Wears Red
- Red Bows on Trees in front of school on San Augustine
- Announcement to be made by Mr. Grisham to announce the beginning of Red Ribbon Week
Oct. 27, 2015: Tuesday: Too Cool for Drugs
- Everyone Wears Sunglasses
Oct. 29, 2014 Wednesday: Put a Lid on Drugs
- Everyone Wears a type of Hat
Oct. 30, 2014: Thursday: “Give Drugs the Boot”
- Everyone Wear any kind of Boot
Oct. 30, 2014: Friday: “D4” Deer Don’t Do Drugs :
- “Maroon Out”– Everyone wears maroon